Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What a week!

Well Bob has his angiogram yesterday. His left artery is 100% blocked, his right artery is 100% block and another artery is 33% blocked. They cannot put in stints because it would be like putting a size 9 foot into a size 6 shoe and it would blow out his arteries. They cannot do a bypass because they don't feel that it would do any good for him. And to top it off, the dye that they used for the angiogram screwed his kidneys up more than they already are. So, for now, all they can do is medicate him and try to prolong his life. Doctor stated that he is a prime candidate for a massive heart attack or stroke and he will probably not survive either. So, he has stated to me that he does NOT want to be placed on life support if something like that were to happen. Because I know that mom will fight me on that, Bob and I are in the process of preparing his living will so that he will have his wishes.

On a better note, went to the covered bridge festival with Jim, Jon and Pam this weekend. Had a great time. Jim, Jon and Pam went for a helicopter ride which they really enjoyed. No way was I getting in that death trap! I had plenty of fun on the ground!!

I also joined a gym this weekend! I decided to go with International Sports Club because they give you a free personal trainer with your membership and I really wanted that option. Boy he really busted my tail tonight! I will be lucky if I am able to walk tomorrow! He kept saying "if there is no burn, there is no earn!". Punk better be right or I plan to punch his skinny ass right in the face!

Went for my weigh-in tonight! Lost another 2.8lbs this week!

Been a VERY busy hectic week!! Hope this upcoming week is slower and Bob gets better! Thanks to all my friends who have offered their suport in this very trying and emotional time! And thanks to my friends who have pushed me to succeed and have encouraged me in my weight loss efforts! It really helps!

No comments: